XDL Cup Competition Format 2017
Milwaukee, WI, (Mar 31.) – The XDL Championship Series has officially announced it’s new for 2017 competition format. Combining the previous style of XDL Competition Format with a new head to head format aims to create a new format that will excite crowds and allow athletes to feed of each other’s riding. The new format will debut April 28th to April 30th, the first round of the 2017 XDL Season at the Suzuki ECSTAR Championship at Road Atlanta as part of MotoAmerica. The new format featuring a head to head Battle Round will be a first ever for an American Street Freestyle Competition Series.
“XDL is really excited for the head to head format in 2017. SBFC came really hard onto the scene last year with some fresh concepts so we felt as America’s Pro Street Freestyle series that we needed to step up our pro class.” Comments XDL Director of Competition, Chris “Tice” Theis. “We have been debating a head to head round for a while. This is a formula that will create some great battles and be sure to entertain Street Freestyle Fans across the globe. “
The 2017 XDL Cup Competition Format as follows
Qualifying – Athletes will complete a Two (2) minute qualifying round. The top 15 riders from qualifying will advance to Round One. The winner of Qualifying will be given One (1) championship point.
Round One – Athletes will complete a Two (2) minute run. The top 10 riders from Round One will advance to the Money Round. The winner of Round One will be given One (1) Championship Point.
Money Round – Athletes will complete a 90 second run. The Top 4 riders from the Money Round will advance to the Battle Round. The winner of the Money Round will be given One (1) Championship point.
Battle Round – The Top 4 athletes from the Money Round go to the Battle Round. The Battle Round with be a bracket style system.
– The first seeded athlete from the Money Round will face the fourth seeded athlete in a 90 second head to head battle. Winners will be chosen by the judges. The lowest seeded rider will start their run first.
– The second seeded athlete from the Money Round will face the third seeded athlete in a 90 second head to head battle. Winners will be chosen by the judges. The lowest seeded rider will start their run first.
– Winners will advance to the winners bracket
– Losers will advance to the third place bracket
– Athletes in Third Place Bracket will compete head to head in a 90 second battle round. Winner will be third place participant of competition. Loser will be fourth place participant in competition.
– Athletes in the Winners bracket will compete head to head in a 90 second battle round. Winner will be named the Champion of the event. Loser will be second place in competition.
About XDL National Championship
The XDL National Championship is the world’s premiere Street Bike Freestyle Championship Series. Since its conception in 2005, XDL has set the bar for motorcycle entertainment and has provided entertainment for fans of all demographics. The XDL National Championship brings the best riders from around the world for an explosive action packed event. For more information about the XDL National Championship please visit www.XDLshow.com and on Social Media at @XDLshow.